I
The other day I bumped into this article:
No big news, I mean, you don't need to be a scientist or a psychologist to know that. Yet, things that happened:
II
Jonathan Bayton is looking at Michelle's photos and stuff. It's nite. It's a living room with dim lights.
Bentham appears, out of nowere.
- Hey! Listen, gotta tell ya, no good.
Bayton jumps scared, and insults Bentham. He doesn't even know how this character got himself into his home.
- What are you doing here?
- Just visiting. Listen, let her go - he sits on the sofa-. I mean, you are not going to get her attention over Facebook, pal. Besides, that shit is CIA crap!
- Oh, yea. Get comfortable, make yourself at home! What are you doing?
Bentham looks around, as if he was checking that they were alone.
- The method is to erase the girl, Just, erase. If not, you get in trouble!
- What do you care?
- I have done some research and I can tell you that Facebook works like shit. If you visit someone's profile too much, it makes you appear to the other person as a "suggested friend". And if you already are a friend, then you start to appear on the other person's "like suggestions".
- Na, you know crap.
- Oh, no no, I am telling you the truth, As you may know I have multiple personalities here.
Bayton stands in front of Bentham, who is just sitting there. The first one is not surprise, is just a little bit upset. The second one is way too relaxed.
- What do you want?
- Do you also visit Jackie's profile? - Bentham laughs -. You gotta live with the fact that sometimes people just go away from your life. Or at least burn, burn yourself, tell her everything. Open up, burn. Go find her and tell her everything, be stupidly honest with her, be as dramatic as you can be, as you can feel.
Bentham laughs. He maybe under the effect of some drug.
- Listen, i think that you are the one still thinking about Jackie. And I got the feeling that you are high and trying to let her go. Just go and talk to her.
- Can't.
- Why?
- I erased all means of contact. I changed my number. All bridges are down.
- Oh, I see. And now you regret it, you don't know what to do.
- Oh, don't worry. I expected this to happen. That's why you burn stuff, so you can't go back.
Bentham looks right at Bayton. Stands up. Hold his shoulder.
- Sorry, I am just trying to help.
- No need for that. Leave, please.
- Ok, ok. I can give you one piece of advice, though. Find someone that looks a little bit like her. Go for that, it works.
III
Pensalo así: es mejor imaginarte que la otra persona está mejor, que ha seguido con sus cosas. ¿Por qué? Por que es lo que, afortunadamente, sucede a fin de cuentas.
Quizás ahora tenemos un problema que antes no teníamos, que es que fácilmente podemos averiguar cosas sobre una o un ex. Rolland suele pedirme en ocasiones que le deje ver qué publica una ex suya, que hoy está más en contacto conmigo que con él.
I must say, this is venom, Creo que al ver cómo se puso la primera vez, decidí que esa sería la única vez.
IV
- No es tan fácil cortar los puentes, ¿no? - le dije a ella.
- Es verdad, ahora parece que tenemos aún más chances de toparnos el uno con el otro accidentalmente.
- ¿No tenés esa sensación de que hay cosas que sencillamente tienen que ocurrir, que hay gente con la que necesariamente te tenés que cruzar en un momento X? ¿No te pasa que en verdad deseás algo con tanta fuerza, que cuando ocurre te sentís como si hubieras ejecutado magia?
Me miró sorprendida de que yo hablara de semejante acto de brujería. Yo, un racionalista en rehabilitación, estaba evidentemente teniendo un ataque de... iba a decir de lucidez, pero no creo que sea el caso.
Sonrió.
Yo sonreí otro poco.
- Perdón, suena idiota, lo sé.
- Ahora que lo pienso, me ocurre lo siguiente: pasamos un tiempo sin saber nada el uno del otro, y justo cuando por alguna cosa, me acuerdo de vos, aparecés.
En verdad quizo decir que pasa un período de tiempo en el que se olvida de mi, logra hacer de cuenta que no existo, y por motivo x algún detalle le recuerda a mi. Y entonces ella o yo, sin saberlo, cometemos un acto que nos lleva al contacto.
- Me siento un poco subversivo al haberte hablado y propuesto vernos acá.
El pequeño acto subversivo, ese pequeño primer paso tan difícil de tomar.
- Pensé en hablarte yo, pero creí que me ibas a morder, más o menos. Tuvimos momentos donde no nos tratamos tan bien.
- Soy más amable ahora.
- Es cierto eso. Pero no sé que hacemos. O no sé por qué estamos acá. Sabés perfectamente que no podemos ser amigos.
Siempre lo supe. Pero ella... Fue la primera vez que lo admitió. No, claro, no podemos. Si lo habrá dicho, si lo habrá intentado, si me habrá hablado como amiga. Fracaso. Se necesitan dos. Para todo, se necesitan dos.
- Te sigo aunque no tengas Twitter...

0 comentarios:
Publicar un comentario